Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Project Plans

I havent completely decided what my overall plan is for this project. All I know is that I plan to built the base on wheels. If i do this correctly then it should aid in the distance competition because of creating momentum. But when it comes to the accuracy competition the I will probably use something to hold the wheels in place so that I dont exceed the target. But of course, if I do miss the target by throwing over it theni will allow the wheels to move.

Although I wanted to keep the project as midieval as possible and use the great Warwolf as my inspiration, I also am very competitive and want to win. So I plan to use ball bearings to reduce friction. But I havent decided whether I want to place them where the axel meets the the two support structures called trusses and glue the throwing arm to the axel so they all move as one, or I could place the bearings where the throwing arm meets the axel and glue the axel to the trusses. However I dont think i want to put ball bearings on both and let it swing freely.

In my last post I stated that I wanted to make a Floating Arm Trebuchet. I have decided not to go through with this idea due do time constraints.

My Inspiration : The Most Deadly Trebuchet of all Time

    Warwolf

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! When your done, do ypu think ypu could send me blueprints? I've always loved trebuchets.

    ReplyDelete